Season 2 entries close: 5th July
The ESTA Junior competition is a selective inter-club competition that places respective clubs head to head consisting of 2-5 members per team.
The competition is running over 7-weeks during the school term with the time frame likely to expand as more teams join the comp.
Every week players will play 1 doubles and 1 singles matches that will develop help their universal tennis ranking (UTR).
ESTA Junior Competition
How it works
All matches are UTR registered/affiliated
The player is entitled to 1 Doubles & 1 Singles match on the day given the match is playable within the respective divisions time slot.
The competition will be in a box league, round robin format, which will not include finals and semifinals.
At the end of the season the top 2 teams will move up a division and the bottom 2 teams will move down a division.
If moving down a division and the new division’s matches fall on a separate day from your previous division, you will remain in your current division unless advised by your local club operator.
If moving up a division and the new division’s matches fall on another day you will still be granted the opportunity to move up and change days.
The competition will run over Saturdays & Sundays, which day your junior is allocated to play is determined by the division they’re assigned at grading, see day/time allocation below.
Division 2 1pm – 2:30pm
Division 3 2:30pm – 4pm
Division 4 4pm – 5:30pm
Division 1 5:30pm – 7pm
Division 8 1pm – 2:30pm Greenball
Division 7 2:30pm – 4pm Greenball
Division 6 4pm – 5:30pm
Division 5 5:30pm – 7pm
To register a player or team, please get in touch with your local participating club.
- Minimum 2 players per team.
- Maximum 4 – 5 players per team.
- Any participant that is interested in joining the competition and does not have a nominated club will be directed to their local or closest club within the ESTA registered clubs participating within the competition.
- Players will be categorized based on UTR/level rather than age.
- Players will be notified of their division and time slot after a grading meeting is held 14 days before competition start date.
- If your team happens to forfeit more than 2 times in a season that same team of players will not be able to register the following season.
Do you have a question?
Fill out the form below.